There is a place for you at T. Rowe Price to grow, contribute, learn, and make a difference. We are a premier asset manager focused on delivering global investment management excellence and retirement services that investors can rely on today and in the future. The work we do matters. We invite you to explore the opportunity to join us and grow your career with us.
As a Senior Infrastructure Operations Analyst within the Investments Application Support Team, you will have an opportunity to work in a fast-paced, dynamic and constantly evolving environment. As part of the day-to-day work, you will solve production issues, closely monitor the production Investment applications, and collaborate with functional teams, EASE and development partners on systems stability and improvement. Additionally, you are encouraged to embrace innovation while challenging current processes and procedures. The main objective of this team is to ensure that our 24/7, globally available systems are operational, and our partners and customers are kept up to date on current system related incidents and problems.
- Engages in disciplinary or multi-functional programs of notable risk; uses sophisticated analytical capabilities to identify creative solutions
- Accountable for work of self and others; sets standards around which others will operate
- Ability to work independently, as well as in a team environment
- Works with team to provide details to management and key external partners on broad-ranging projects, tasks, and incidents
Role summary and job responsibilities
- Provide guidance while supporting AWS cloud-based infrastructure and platform services
- Coordinates across support teams to quickly resolve disruptions to technology services, through functional triage, performing root cause analysis, and taking preventative measures
- Review’s performance trends across the broader technology portfolio and initiates actions to address areas at risk for potential impacts
- Actively identifies and addresses vulnerabilities
- Capable of dissecting a problem into manageable parts
- May lead initiatives of varying degrees of complexity
- Regular support of, and collaboration with, EASE and non EASE triage
- Possesses solid understanding of the tech and asset management industries and internal business units to enable navigation of key partners and understanding of impact
- Typically has 5+ years of relevant experience
- Solid understanding of cloud security concepts, certificate management, secrets management, encryption key management, identity access management (IAM)
- Solid understanding of modern deployment and code management with platforms like GitLab/GitHub and CI/CD concepts
- Experience supporting and using APIs
- Experience with logging tools like Splunk, Prometheus, Grafana, etc.
- Experience working with Ticketing systems like ServiceNow and/or JIRA
- Maintaining a comprehensive understanding of the broader technology portfolio including cloud technologies and support tools, job scheduling, scripting, proficient with databases including Oracle, Amazon Aurora, and SQL Server
- Identify and implement opportunities for automation to reduce manual and complex processes
- Stays abreast of industry trends and technologies
- Available for out of hours support, including on-call via rota
- Works across teams to review technology portfolio and make recommendations for procedures and practices
Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion:
We strive for equity, equality, and opportunity for all associates. When we embrace the power of diversity and create an environment where people can bring their authentic and best selves to work, our firm is stronger, and we create greater value for our clients. Our commitment and inclusive programming aim to lift the experience for each associate and builds allies for our global associate community. We know that a sense of belonging is key not only to your success at the firm, but also to your ability to bring your best each day.
T. Rowe Price is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity of thought, gender, and race. We believe our continued success depends upon the equal treatment of all associates and applicants for employment without discrimination on the basis of race, religion, creed, colour, national origin, sex, gender, age, mental or physical disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, citizenship status, military or veteran status, pregnancy, or any other classification protected by country, federal, state, or local law.