Tesca is a specialist consultancy and technology business that turns bold ideas into tangible outcomes for clients by applying leading-edge technology and data science to pioneer new ways of engaging with customers. Tecsa helps consumer facing businesses build better relationships with their customers through data:
· Blending subject matter expertise and proprietary tech for quick, long-lasting results
· Working collaboratively with our clients to build analytics capabilities, embed technology, and drive growth
· Putting customer data at the heart of digital and business transformation
We support some of the world’s largest and most innovative loyalty programs in retail, consumer goods, financial services, airlines and hospitality. Our clients have a combined member base of over 0.5 billion customers across more than 50 countries.
As a business, we strive to create a non-hierarchical and collaborative environment where everyone's voice has the chance to be elevated and contribute to creating change.
We are seeking experienced CPG & Category experts to join our rapidly expanding CPG insights teams in Hong Kong.
You will work along-side our passionate, driven and supportive consultants in a fast-paced environment to coach your clients to deliver step changing customers insights which will transform the performance of our client's business. In this role you will drive the use of cutting-edge tools and leverage data to build your client’s capability in answering key questions around category strategy, customer trends, assortment, promotional activities and customer activation.
The successful candidate will be an individual who excels at building relationships, demonstrates strong client & project management skills, thrives in collaborative environments, and possesses a keen analytical mindset, all whilst being a proactive problem solver.
The role will be based in our Hong Kong office, with some travel required to client’s sites (1 to 3 days a week depending on client’s needs).
- Client onboarding: Successfully onboard new CPG clients through set up, training and upskilling in Tecsa’s analytics toolset.
- Client management: manage own portfolio of clients: build and maintain positive working relationships with key client stakeholders.
- Customer success: ensure clients are getting maximum value from the tools and capabilities they have invested in. Support ongoing use and identify opportunities to embed insights further into the client’s business.
- Client retention: Regularly monitor client satisfaction as a critical component in ensuring high client retention rates.
- Category expert: become an expert in all relevant retailer category processes – aligning insights and recommendations to key decisions making points to drive category growth.
- Project management: ensure quality and timely delivery of all insight projects to the retailer, coaching as needed to ensure insights are focused and actionable.
- Business development: implement a consultative selling approach to identify additional revenue opportunities which will support your client’s business and further strengthen the relationship.
- Experience in a consulting environment or agency (e.g. Dunnhumby, IRI, Quantium, SymphonyAI) delivering analytical solutions within a CPG context
- We will also consider candidates with 2+ years' experience working in a retail of CPG environment, e.g. in category management, buying, sales, marketing, media, or an account management-related role
- Knowledge and experience interpreting large quantitative data sets (e.g. customer and shopper data) and deriving relevant insights to solve commercial problems.
- A strong business development and commercial mindset.
- Excellent client leadership capability and confident presentation skills.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced and regularly changing environment, juggling multiple stakeholders and projects.
- Loves collaborating within a supportive and high performing environment.
- An active learner with an inquisitive mind and talent for problem solving.
Tecsa was launched in 2018 by retail, customer loyalty and analytics specialist Tony Buffin alongside co-founders Dave Battiston, Gerard Whelan and Koos Berkhout.
Tecsa works globally to help consumer-facing clients build next generation digital communities, loyalty and membership programmes enabling them to create deeper engagement with their customers. Tecsa supports its clients to create bigger data pools, build analytical tools, perform superior analysis, and utilise digital customer communication platforms with precision. Tecsa combines deep subject-matter expertise with proprietary technology to deliver rapid and meaningful growth to their clients. Teams work globally across four core sectors: Retail & Consumer Products, Telecoms & Media, Financial Services and Travel & Services.
Recent projects include the design, launch and operation of the award-winning yuu digital membership programme for Dairy Farm International in Hong Kong, customer data transformation projects for European and North American retailers and banks and the development of in-house analytics capabilities.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company.
- Competitive salary (subject to experience)
- Performance Bonus
- Paid annual leave
- A supportive, driven culture and a great team with an outstanding mix of talent and experience
- A dynamic environment in which you can personally learn, develop and make an impact
- Strong involvement in shaping a growing Tech business from its early days
- Flexible working